Take a look around...

Sharing is caring

How much do fashion bloggers get paid by manufacturers in Second Life? | Forum

advertisement
Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Jun 13
It seems that the concept of SL blogging is a bit different than RL blogging, so I'm interested in how much do SL fashion bloggers get paid by SL manufacturers, for advertising their products across the internet?

I know that every manufacturer can set it differently, I'm only interested in some reference, the average price for one "article". :)

What is the usual trend of rewards in this market?

The Forum post is edited by Cyber_Duke Jun 13
Share:
Morrigan Price-Foster Patron
In general they get paid nothing. Except in product. We for example use blogotex all our new releases go into there and they can pick and choose what they want to blog. So we are leaving the choice to them and don't tell them you have to blog this specific item that might not fit with their style at all. So if we consider free product, then I suppose they trade their image for the price of the item. Not many bloggers if any ( I don't know of any) get paid additional compensation beyond the product they blog.
Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Jun 19

Thank you for the first hand information :) This issue of Second Life blogging and its functionality / non-functionality has become quite interesting to me lately. It works completely differently than in RL and I try to put some logic into it. (only for my own understanding and maybe it will help the community as well.)

From what you write, it follows that on the one hand, bloggers do massive advertising to producers for free, by sharing the post in hundreds of FB groups (Because it's their dream to be a blogger, so they try it at least in SL), but on the other hand, the effectiveness of such advertising can be quite doubtful. (no one really clicks on those blogs on FB)

I think that many companies in SL are using those "dreams of becoming a blogger" for their business purposes in an unfair way, and it only results in chaoss, disappointment and a lot of worthless content across the internet.

Another interesting thing is that almost every girl in SL will become a blogger over time.

I think that some well-known RL marketers should officially comment on this issue and name things with the right name. The SL community needs to steer itself in the right direction in order to evolve further. Because the current concept is, in my opinion, very ineffective.

The Forum post is edited by Cyber_Duke Jun 19
None of our bloggers use Facebook on the regular, I find it a worthless platform for SL personally and leave it to my business partner to deal with it. Our engagement on Flickr is about 50 times as much as Facebook. I only care if our bloggers have Flickr. If they have Facebook or post to it has no bearing on if they get hired. Especially since FB likes to go on that tick every few years where they randomly delete a bunch of accounts they consider to not be real accounts, that includes virtual personas.
LadyRosabella
LadyRosabella Jun 21
What means ineefetive? In real world are so many bloggers or influencers, I do not understand the difference........ Nobody sees the blogs of all. there is worldwide only for example 10 one everyone knows. So it is in sl too.

I was once sl blogger and was in group where every shop theoretically could enter. Same was with bloggers.

Like in a Event group every blogger had to blog a specific amount of posts. Every shop had to bring in items all 3 months.

Now I blog since years no longer others. Only in very rare times. I know from earlier times old bloggers and I am very happy if they find time to blog me. I see it in general so. The old bloggers are better than most new bloggers. The new bloggers only want blog fast in most cases. Sure there are also good new ones but most not.

Rules of old times I wished it would be normal new blogger organisations would tell their bloggers

This shit Blogotex did not better the blogging....

1. write the right Product name (yes it happened in last 2 years about 10 times that it was not given so Every item of mine has the name in it.)

2. Where to get and how long.

3. how many textures or colors. (u see only one picture in most cases and there stand no notice and u can choose more colors or there is even a Hud.)

4. If u have luck there stands at photomaking I wear blabla body and blabla head. (It is sad that in most cases the bodies the Product also services are not mentioned.)

5. I prefer it if the blogger has a own blogpage, yes a real Homepage. Wordpress is only 2nd choise, because u can see only last blogs. I spend severel times hours of serching the blogpost for me, but the search sytem of wordpress damme it.

6. Flicker is good, I was long time myself there, till last year the new owner wanted put the data on a new server. They lost my password data and the redirect function of it landed always at yahoo. I tried to contact the new owner but against the law they had no service e mail.... So Ileft flicker and landed here and pixel vr.

Ah yes and if u use flicker stay pro child. I say u why. The bloggers who blogged me and had only flicker, but are Adult Rated I cannot see without a flicker account..........

7. FB This huge spyconcern and me ended years ago, there I was not still sl Rssident. U must know nobody without an Account there can see your page. Soooo I do not understand why many huge sl shops make their Events there. And how it was said in another post before me said, FB permantly deletes sl Accounts. So, u cannot promise that your account is even still there next hour.

8... Yes, no blogger gets linden, the items are the honorar. Godd bloggers have no time fortravelling or also called sim-hopping. By the way, they do not need lindens, because good ones get products of good designers. Between real and sl is there one important difference. Real u can send back the product................ Products can cost from zero till in average of 400 Lindens.

9. In earlier days it was always normal that at Events the Event bloggers blogged the Event gift. Today 99% do not do it.

Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Jun 26

Quote from Morrigan Price-Foster None of our bloggers use Facebook on the regular, I find it a worthless platform for SL personally and leave it to my business partner to deal with it. Our engagement on Flickr is about 50 times as much as Facebook. I only care if our bloggers have Flickr. If they have Facebook or post to it has no bearing on if they get hired. Especially since FB likes to go on that tick every few years where they randomly delete a bunch of accounts they consider to not be real accounts, that includes virtual personas.
Yes, I understand your marketing strategy. But let's clarify the facts. A blog is something that should contain mostly text content. So the Second Life residents on flickr are not bloggers, but rather "virtual photographers" :)
The Forum post is edited by Cyber_Duke Jun 26
Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Jun 26

Quote from LadyRosabella What means ineefetive? In real world are so many bloggers or influencers, I do not understand the difference........ Nobody sees the blogs of all. there is worldwide only for example 10 one everyone knows. So it is in sl too.

I was once sl blogger and was in group where every shop theoretically could enter. Same was with bloggers.

Like in a Event group every blogger had to blog a specific amount of posts. Every shop had to bring in items all 3 months.

Now I blog since years no longer others. Only in very rare times. I know from earlier times old bloggers and I am very happy if they find time to blog me. I see it in general so. The old bloggers are better than most new bloggers. The new bloggers only want blog fast in most cases. Sure there are also good new ones but most not.

Rules of old times I wished it would be normal new blogger organisations would tell their bloggers

This shit Blogotex did not better the blogging....

1. write the right Product name (yes it happened in last 2 years about 10 times that it was not given so Every item of mine has the name in it.)

2. Where to get and how long.

3. how many textures or colors. (u see only one picture in most cases and there stand no notice and u can choose more colors or there is even a Hud.)

4. If u have luck there stands at photomaking I wear blabla body and blabla head. (It is sad that in most cases the bodies the Product also services are not mentioned.)

5. I prefer it if the blogger has a own blogpage, yes a real Homepage. Wordpress is only 2nd choise, because u can see only last blogs. I spend severel times hours of serching the blogpost for me, but the search sytem of wordpress damme it.

6. Flicker is good, I was long time myself there, till last year the new owner wanted put the data on a new server. They lost my password data and the redirect function of it landed always at yahoo. I tried to contact the new owner but against the law they had no service e mail.... So Ileft flicker and landed here and pixel vr.

Ah yes and if u use flicker stay pro child. I say u why. The bloggers who blogged me and had only flicker, but are Adult Rated I cannot see without a flicker account..........

7. FB This huge spyconcern and me ended years ago, there I was not still sl Rssident. U must know nobody without an Account there can see your page. Soooo I do not understand why many huge sl shops make their Events there. And how it was said in another post before me said, FB permantly deletes sl Accounts. So, u cannot promise that your account is even still there next hour.

8... Yes, no blogger gets linden, the items are the honorar. Godd bloggers have no time fortravelling or also called sim-hopping. By the way, they do not need lindens, because good ones get products of good designers. Between real and sl is there one important difference. Real u can send back the product................ Products can cost from zero till in average of 400 Lindens.

9. In earlier days it was always normal that at Events the Event bloggers blogged the Event gift. Today 99% do not do it.

Hi LadyRosabella, thank you for the information and other interesting feedback for the discussion. I'm a little busy right now, but I'll comment on that as soon as I have more time. It requires a little more research and I don't like to do things hasty :D
On the facebook note I actually finally tried to make an SL facebook account wellll.... it locked my account immediately after creation cause I am not a real person. The moment any of the flags that you might not be a real person pops up they lock it. So it's not terribly useful for SL.
This topic is sticky
'':
fade
slide
Rating: