Take a look around...

Sharing is caring

No preview when posting Flick link [Solved] | Forum

advertisement
Susannah Mcminnar
Susannah Mcminnar Sep 22 '14

I've noticed that when I post a Flickr link, there's no preview, no small version of the posted photo in that link

That makes sharing such links very boring..    If you can't see it, why even visit that link?

Maybe it's a good idea to make that working?

The Forum post is edited by Cyber_Duke Apr 21 '15
Share:
Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Sep 22 '14

Hi Susannah, before you send a link you can choose the image preview. Click on "change image" at the bottom of the default picture. Image previews from Flickr are small because Avatarbook has its own photosharing system.

If you want to have large image previews displayed on the newsfeed, upload your photos into your albums on AB.

We are working hard on improving the interface every day :) Thank you for your interest.

The Forum post is edited by Cyber_Duke Sep 22 '14
Susannah Mcminnar
Susannah Mcminnar Sep 24 '14

Thank you for your answer, but.. I don't see that option

I post the link to Flickr and NO image appears

Unlike Facebook & Google+ who add a nice preview image, at Avartarbook it doesn't seem to work

See it for yourself here: http://avatarbook.org/newsfeed/2277?ft=user&fi=396

Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Sep 24 '14

Hello, after you paste a link to the line, you need to change image before you click on send button. If you want to have large image previews displayed on the newsfeed, use AB photosharing system and upload your pictures here:) But as I said, we are working hard on improving the interface every day, maybe we will change it. Have a nice day! :)

Susannah Mcminnar
Susannah Mcminnar Sep 25 '14

Aaah!  Now I see!

Yes, there's a way to get a little preview, but..  it's not exactly the most smart way to support this!  You have to place your mouse pointer at the Flickr logo to get the "change image" option, and even then you still don't get the preview but have to pick it from many examples.

Not really the most smart thing to handle an image preview..   :(

(why is it so different compared to other sites?)

I understand you're still improving the interface of this site and IMHO changing the way how it handles links with images is something you should put on your todo list

Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Sep 25 '14

Thank you for your idea to improve, we will do something with that as soon as possible:) For now, Avatarbook has its own customized system for creating albums and uploading photos. You will see large image previews on newsfeed, if you use this interface.

Have a nice day:)

Susannah Mcminnar
Susannah Mcminnar Apr 4 '15

Is photo preview broken again?

When I use a Flickr link now, nothing happens..

Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Apr 4 '15

Hello, it wroks fine for me, try to refresh yor page by pressing F5.

Susannah Mcminnar
Susannah Mcminnar Apr 4 '15

well... it isn't for me

see this post?

http://avatarbook.org/newsfeed/24732?ft=user&fi=396

no matter what I try.... no preview...

and it worked before, so I wonder what happened..  ?

Cyber_Duke Support
Cyber_Duke Apr 4 '15

Try to delete your entry, and then add it again. Wait until the thumbnails load, before you click send button.

'':
fade
slide
Rating: